How to Hire Your Wedding Photographer
When planning your wedding, it is very important not to forget hiring a professional photographer. Be picky, be diligent and ask questions! Remember, this photographer will be capturing your love, your memories and your story on this beautiful day! While, of course, the couple is the MOST important thing on a wedding day, it is vital to have memories and photographs that you and your spouse can physically look back on and even share with future generations after the wedding day is over. Also, the human eye can overlook intricate details during a generally chaotic day: Your mother beaming at you with pride, your groom shedding a tear as you walk down the aisle… these are candid and very intimate moments that only a photographer can capture forever!
These are the Best Tips on How to Hire Your Wedding Photographer!
The rest of Aubrie + Jeremy’s wedding was beautiful at The Lodge at Little Seneca Creek, captured by us!
Preliminary Background Questions to Ask Your Photographer
- Do you have Availability on my wedding day? Will you be shooting it alone or with an assistant/multiple assistants? How far in advance do we have to book?
- Do you have backup equipment (i.e. cameras, lenses, etc)?
- Are you a registered business? Are you insured?
- How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings of this size have you done? Could we see a gallery of your previously shot weddings?
- Have you ever worked with any of our other vendors before ( Videographer, Florist, DJ, etc)?
- How would you describe your photography style?
- Do you like to capture more candid moments, or pose a lot of your pictures?
- Are you a full/part time Wedding Photographer, or do you just do it as a hobby?
- How will you coordinate with the videographer?
- What questions do you have for us?
Hiring a Wedding Videographer
Consider also looking into a wedding videographer. Video can capture this beautiful day in motion, something that will truly compliment the photographs. Daysy Film & Photo are a full-service studio including a wedding videography team! We offer both options (photographer+videographer) to ensure absolutely nothing is missed! The products we provide are of the highest quality and they will survive the test of time so you can show them off to your family in 50 years!
Check out Frances and Travis’ wonderful wedding day at Ceresville Mansion.
Continue reading “Best Tips on How to Hire Your Wedding Photographer”