How to Hire Your Wedding Photographer
When planning your wedding, it is very important not to forget hiring a professional photographer. Be picky, be diligent and ask questions! Remember, this photographer will be capturing your love, your memories and your story on this beautiful day! While, of course, the couple is the MOST important thing on a wedding day, it is vital to have memories and photographs that you and your spouse can physically look back on and even share with future generations after the wedding day is over. Also, the human eye can overlook intricate details during a generally chaotic day: Your mother beaming at you with pride, your groom shedding a tear as you walk down the aisle… these are candid and very intimate moments that only a photographer can capture forever!
These are the Best Tips on How to Hire Your Wedding Photographer!
The rest of Aubrie + Jeremy’s wedding was beautiful at The Lodge at Little Seneca Creek, captured by us!
Preliminary Background Questions to Ask Your Photographer
- Do you have Availability on my wedding day? Will you be shooting it alone or with an assistant/multiple assistants? How far in advance do we have to book?
- Do you have backup equipment (i.e. cameras, lenses, etc)?
- Are you a registered business? Are you insured?
- How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings of this size have you done? Could we see a gallery of your previously shot weddings?
- Have you ever worked with any of our other vendors before ( Videographer, Florist, DJ, etc)?
- How would you describe your photography style?
- Do you like to capture more candid moments, or pose a lot of your pictures?
- Are you a full/part time Wedding Photographer, or do you just do it as a hobby?
- How will you coordinate with the videographer?
- What questions do you have for us?
Hiring a Wedding Videographer
Consider also looking into a wedding videographer. Video can capture this beautiful day in motion, something that will truly compliment the photographs. Daysy Film & Photo are a full-service studio including a wedding videography team! We offer both options (photographer+videographer) to ensure absolutely nothing is missed! The products we provide are of the highest quality and they will survive the test of time so you can show them off to your family in 50 years!
Check out Frances and Travis’ wonderful wedding day at Ceresville Mansion.
Pricing and Packages Questions
- What is included in your standard photography package? What will cost extra/be considered as add-ons? Can I customize a package to my personal taste?
- How many pictures will you take?
- Do you include Engagement Sessions in your standard package? Want to check out some of our beautiful Engagement Session Photos?
- Do you offer a Photo Booth? Are all standard edits on the photos included in the package or is there an extra charge?
- Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What is included in that?
- What is the turnaround time we should we expect for our photos?
- Will I receive a written contract? What is the required deposit? When is it due?
- What is your refund and cancellation policy?
- What are your overtime fees?
Ordering Albums, Prints, and Digital Files
- Can we order albums and prints directly from you? What kind of albums do you offer?
- How can we get the images given to us (Online, CD, Album, etc)?
- Will the proofs be retouched before we see them?
If this seems like a long list, believe us, it isn’t! You are entrusting a stranger with one of the most important days of your life. A true professional will answer all of your questions honestly and patiently. As a final tip, it always helps to get to know your photographer beforehand, for example during an Engagement Photos Session.
Good luck and happy wedding planning!